apStream commenced council streaming with Wellington Shire Council in Sale, Victoria. The company was then involved with the council meeting webcast pilot project initiated by the Municipal Association of Victoria. This was undertaken in conjunction with the City of Melbourne and Cardinia Shire Council with great success. The City of Greater Dandenong also became associated with this project.
Council streaming has now expanded to include New South Wales.
Streaming council meetings allows interested parties to view and participate in the meeting irrespective of distance. Online archives of the meeting can also be viewed at a later stage at the users convenience.
The system supports the concept of eGovernance and increased participation by stakeholders in local government processes.
Local Government and Council Meetings
- Greater accessibility - no geographic boundaries
- Allowing the meetings to be open and transparent
- Provide greater, more personal involvement in meetings
- Community can view meetings at their own leisure
- Minimal setup
- Instant access to meeting information
- Cost savings
- Available to a wide audience
- Increase external / community involvement in meetings and projects
- Include special community events